Friday, June 5, 2009

Goodbye K27 FYK


Today my celica engine was finally blown at 2:45pm, I waited anxiously for 35 minutes for rescue, another 15 minutes to reach the garage. Mark, the mechanic, told me my engine is blown, it would cost me 250pound to get a new engine, another 600 - 800pound to get everything sorted out. Due to the exorbitant repair cost and age of the car, I finally decided to declare my car SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification).

I'll never forget the highways we cruised along, the mountains and blind corners we attacked, and all the great roadtrips we enjoyed. I'm so sad to see you die, but you're terminated. Goodbye K27 FYK.


rear passenger seats



-- Speedometer --
- 9000rpm but rev cut-off at 7250 rpm
- Top speed is 136mph/220kmph, I only experienced 125mph/201kmph
- Battery meter on top right, fuel and temperature gauge on bottom right.

Dashboard (Someone butchered the radio)

Driver's side panel (Electronic windows and door locks, SWEET)

Speaker on both sides of mirror, Awesome...

Speakers again on both left and right panel

And again on sides of rear seats
... The Super Live Surround Sound has total of 10 speakers ...
Wicked !!! : >

Engine bay... Love the anti-roll bars and solid gearbox.
154 horsepower at 6600rpm and maximum torque at 4800rpm.
Not a lot of hp but...
It can attack corners at redline (max hp) and exit corners with best acceleration (max torque)

The blown twincam engine :=(

5 comments:

Ryan said...

so sad to hear that...so are u going to get a new one??

yanchee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akira 思胜 said...

walau eh, where is your new car ah?

yanchee said...

Ryan: If i'm going to get one, what car would u love to drive? I'm looking forward to 8th generation Celica, not yet released but rumours said it's front engine, rear-wheel drive, just like Takumi's AE86.

Akira 思胜: I guess that model will released around 2010 or 2011, if that time I'm financially capable myself d, shud be able to afford it.

Ryan said...

i am sure u will get it soon...the said car sounds cool ^^

About Me

My photo
daily reviews and rants about music, life and any thoughts appeared in my mind.